Monday, January 28, 2008

January 28, 2008


I have wanted to post here many times, but usually I just don't have the heart to. It is hard to even look at the blog or Bob's FU-ALS site since he has died. I do find comfort in the group that was formed on Facebook in Bob's memory. Baby steps I guess. People ask me how we are doing, well we literally just take one day at a time. If there is something that people could take from all of this is to live by Bob's motto and Live 4 Today.


Me and Skye miss Bob very much. I am so grateful that Bob and I had Skye before he got sick. She is a blessing and has helped me and Bob get through all this.


I do want the blog to keep going and will try to post more frequently, we'll see.

2 comments:

Dirty Money said...

Hello Star

My name is Shaun Myall. I was a friend of Bob's in school (As was everyone I am sure). I have just recently heard of Bob's passing, and I would like let you know how long I have liked and admired your husband.

I met Bob through friends when I was very young. He grew up in Cameron Heights and I had moved there for a few years as a child. We played together a few times, but Bob being as popular as he was, I did not become that best of friends with him at that young age.

I moved to a different part of town, and lost contact with Bob until I was in High School. We bumped into each other on the rugby pitch. Bob has a way of making friends with a smile and a hello.

I played rugby with Bob for a few years as well as his older brother Dean. Bob however, was the more personable of the two and I always got along well with him. He was alot of fun and always had a way of making people laugh and enjy them selves when he was around.

I have recently lost my mother to Cancer. It was a shocking blow to our family, and I know what you are going through.

But I hope that these words , as simple as they are will help you remember the energy that Bob had and gave to others. He wasnt the life of the party, Bob was the party. A kind , gentle person that as I look back find myself admiring.

Please feel free to say hello, or if you ever need anything do not hesitate to ask.

Shaun Myall

my email is smyall@shaw.ca

Bill said...

Hi Star,
We have an ongoing battle with ALS, and those that find your blog might like to read mine. Would you mind posting a link to it?
Here it is...my heart goes out to you and I hope you are doing well. I myself and a caregiver for a spouse w/ ALS, so I very much empathise with you. Best,
Bill
here's my link:
http://alschronicle.blogspot.com